[ale] Online private and secure cvs or storage?

Stephan Uphoff ups at tree.com
Wed May 12 14:46:14 EDT 2004

John Wells wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Working on a small software project and I'd like to store the code in
> either an online CVS repository or simply back up my current CVS
> repository to some sort of online storage solution.
>
> Is there a trustworthy, established (this is IP I'd be storing) source for
> this sort of thing that is affordable on a small budget?

There is no project member with an always on connection ?

I used to forward a single tcp port (high port number) from my gateway to the
ssh port of
an ancient machine - exclusively used for cvs.

The cvs box was connected to the gateway with a dedicated network interface
(crossover cable). It was firewalled by the gateway to only let ssh connections
go to the cvs machine and block all other incoming and outgoing traffic (no
UDP,DNS,ICMP,...)

Easy to setup and to maintain.

	Stephan