[ale] 802.11g for linux?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue May 11 14:32:35 EDT 2004

John Wells wrote:
> Anyone using an 802.11g card *painlessly* under linux?  If so, which one?

Depends on your defintion of pain.  I've got two prism54 cards working,
one is a 3com pcmcia card, the other an smc pci card.  The 3com worked
'out of the box' with my Emperor Linux kernel because they sell the card
and support everything they sell.

The smc pci card required a kernel rebuild, but I understand the support
for the prims54 chips is in the 2.6 kernel.  Looking at my fresh SuSE
9.1 install (2.6.4), the module is there.

If you follow the directions on the http://www.prism54.org/ website, you
shouldn't have any problems.

These are native Linux drivers by the way, none of that windows driver crap.