[ale] streaming media

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Mon May 10 17:01:41 EDT 2004

james at sumners.ath.cx wrote:
: Just as long as the stream isn't proprietary and has to use a webpage
: embeded player (plugin) to listen. WSB did that; I mentioned to them
: that they should provide an alternate stream, even selected 'Linux' as
: my OS on their feedback form, for those of us that can't use what they
: are "offering." They replied back saying something to the
: effect of "We
: do not currently offer alternate streams but may do so in the future."
:
That is what I am trying to head off.  I am trying to get as active as possible in my area.

Also to "sell" my point I am almost finished with a custom Morphix minicd.  It features their logo as wallpaper with XMMS defaulting to their stream.  I am going to pitch it for their on location giveaways.