[ale] syslog entry

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Mon May 10 13:29:13 EDT 2004

John,

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 10:21, Armsby John-G16665 wrote:
> telnetd[11991]: ttloop: peer died: EOF
>
> Can someone give me some advice as to what this means?  I am seeing
> some of these in my redhat 9 base install machine inside a corporate
> firewall.

	This is the telnet daemon stating that it's client (telnet) existed
unexpectedly.  Perhaps because the window was closed (via the close
button) instead of via an EOF.  Sorry, that's the WHAT and one possible
WHY.  There are many possibilities.  Off the top of my head, there's
kill, X shutdown, client machine fault (power, memory, unplugged from
LAN for too long, ...).

	HTH!

P.S. Telnet isn't secure, y'know ;-)

Danny