[ale] dd /dev/cdrom queryosity

aaron aaron at pd.org
Mon May 10 01:56:13 EDT 2004

On Sunday 09 May 2004 00:33, Chris Fowler wrote:
> The error is okay.  I would add the block size of 2048 to the command.
>
> The dd command has no way of knowing how big the ISO image is.  It just
> read until it falls off the end and then displays an error.  So replace
> "Input/Output error" with "Reached end of media"

Thanks! That explains it well! Helpful to get a couple second opinions that
the "error" can be safely ignored.

Also good to learn the block size for CD's, since I'd been assuming it was
1024. Just for grins I tried the bs=2048 control with a dd rip, but it still
reports "Reached End of Media" error.

appreciated
peace
aaron