[ale] being cut off from list

H. Adrin Story adrin at haswes.homelinux.org
Sat May 8 23:39:02 EDT 2004

It happened to me twice.   the last time I thought it was because I use
M$ to check a lot of my email.   Since I changed my subscription to my
Linux email address I have not had a problem.  seriously though.   I
think us guys that still use mindspring accounts are about to get
screwed again.   Some time ago they changed the email box size from
10Megs to 5 Megs.    Last weekend they change the login on the email.
You are now required to authenticate to the server.   I wasn't
before??   I went 2 days wondering why I could only check email on
www.springmail.com but, my home email server had no problem with email.
Good thing it hapen on the weekend,  I dont' get spare time to work on
problems like that during the week.

Now,  Really thinking about it,  With all the spam controls they are
trying to implement.   I willing to bet that some spam detector is going
off and then blocking all email from ale.org  based on the number of
connections to the email server at anyone given time, (a email flood
detector?).

Speedfactory is looking very temping with the specials they are running
right now.   I am lazy.   I don't want to go through a email
subscribtion change right now.

Adrin