[ale] Re: Suse 9.1 Pro posted to tux.org, please be considerate!!

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net
Wed May 5 18:23:56 EDT 2004

Quoting ale-request at ale.org:
>    3. Suse 9.1 Pro posted to tux.org, please be considerate!! (mark)
>
> Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 14:29:57 -0400
> From: mark <marklame at emetastar.com>
> Subject: [ale] Suse 9.1 Pro posted to tux.org, please be considerate!!
> To: ale at ale.org
>
> Hey all!!  www.tux.org has posted Suse 9.1 Pro.  In a few days, can
> someone (1
> time) download and post to a server down there in Atlanta.  Maybe the
> gentleman who was offering to setup a mirror to attract people to their
> site
> can do it.

This is an interesting turn of practice.  In the past, SuSE stopped putting ISO
images to generate the revenue from CD/DVD sales of the distro.  Now I see that
in fact, yes, there is SuSE 9.1 discs 1 to 5 listed there.  Does anyone know the
reasons behind the change in policy (aside Novell purchasing SuSE of course)?  I
admit I can speculate quite a bit, just wondering if there are any facts to this
sudden shift/change is all.

TIA.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
P.M.B. 146
368 South McCaslin Boulevard
Louisville, CO 80027 USA
+1 (303) 604-2550 (voice)
+1 (866) 604-2550 (toll free within the US)
+1 (303) 664-0036 (fax)
http://www.linux-etc.biz