[ale] Suse Community Purchase - Update

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon May 3 12:58:06 EDT 2004

Okay, so check out the following link regarding SuSE:

http://www.suse.com/en/private/products/suse_linux/prof/winprice.html

It makes a comparison of SuSE 9.1 to Windows XP and specifically states
that the license is for unlimited machines.

I just spent some time on the phone with the Novel/SuSE folks.
Initially, they all sing the same song, you are licensed for one machine.

When I pursue it, they tell me that because of the GPL license, you can
install it on as many machines as you want, but only one will be
supported and only one will be permitted updates.

I got news for them, I've got 9.0 installed on at least two machines and
the updates work fine.  Just make sure you register and you'll be good.