[ale] Partially OT: moving apps from old to new PC's (non-Linux)

Jonathan Glass IBB jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Wed Mar 31 21:43:34 EST 2004

One small addition:  You can use the Sysprep tool from the Win2K/XP
cdrom to remove the hardware information.  On the next boot it will
rerun the hardware detection routines.  Of course, I highly/strongly
recommend that you pre-load the drivers (even if you just download them)
for the NIC and video card, so you can continue using the network after
the restore.

Jonathan