[ale] Partially OT: moving apps from old to new PC's (non-Linux)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Mar 31 20:08:49 EST 2004

I've got to say, this is a perfect opportunity to move them to Linux.
Save them money, and have more robust systems.

Don't tell me they can't learn it, my 60+ mother-in-law is on SuSE 9.0
right now and has been on Linux for a couple of years now.

Email and browser at first.  Most recently using OpenOffice to maintain
the family reunion address book.