[ale] HTML -> PS -> PDF

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche bjorn at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Mar 31 16:04:45 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Chris Fowler wrote:

> I'm creating a J2EE app in which the user can generate reports.  I want
> to generate a report in HTML format and store in /tmp as temp file.  I
> then want to somehow convert that to PDF maybe I have to go the PS
> first.

Don't know if this is helpful, but I think your job will be easier if you
create a PDF first and derive an html from that. I do something simmilar
for my resume but I start with latex and use these tools:

latex
pdflatex
latex2html
lynx -dump

this gives me dvi, pdf, html and beautifully formatted text from a latex
source.

	bjorn