[ale] Web based MP3 player?

Mike Murphy mike at tyderia.net
Wed Mar 31 15:03:44 EST 2004

I don't think this one does (another I looked at did, but its
installation was a pain. Sorry, I don't remember what that was called).
Room Juice allows "vetoing" though.

That's not really a feature I want anyway. This was simply to give me a
way to control the mp3 server that my wife could handle (the server is
wired to the home stereo from the basement, we usually use the
ever-present wifi-attached laptop to control it.), so command line
tools, and even ncurses based tools, were out.

Mike

Preston Boyington wrote:
> Mike Murphy wrote:
> : I've been using room juice for a while:
> :
> : http://gid0ze.net/roomjuice/
> :
> : Its php based, and installation wasn't too much of a pain. I
> : don't think
> : it supports other apps playlists, but its not hard to use it to build
> : them for it.
> :
> : Mike
> :
> :
>
> does it allow "voting"?  i remember a friend telling me of a program they used in his office that allowed people to "vote" on a song via their web browser.  the more popular songs cycled more often, less popular/less often.  employees would bring in a cdrom which was ripped to mp3/ogg and piped through the office speaker system (and over some networks).  cd's stayed on premesis to avoid any implied "stealing".
>
> although not as fancy, i use mp3blaster for playing my audiobooks/speeches/music at home.  works well on the old hardware i have devoted to my bedroom player.
>
> preston

Mike Murphy
781 Inman Mews Drive Atlanta GA 30307
Landline: 404-653-1070