[ale] spam lists

Kevin Krumwiede kjkrum at comcast.net
Wed Mar 31 00:45:15 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:08:12 -0500
Thomas Wood <thomaswood at mac.com> wrote:

> SORBS is pretty good.  It takes effort to get on or off the list.

Funny you should mention.  Just minutes ago I attempted to send mail to
an ISP's abuse address, and found I could not because SORBS is blocking
my specific IP for sending messages to a spamtrap address.  I have no
idea how that happened, since I don't run a MTA and the Windows box I
use for games is always patched and never runs IE or Outlook..  (I'm
pretty sure none of my other boxes have been hacked and turned into spam
relays, unless spammers have figured out how to keep the network
activity lights on my router from blinking...)  Apparently it's not
*that* hard to get on the SORBS list.  Just something to keep in mind if
you want people to actually be able to, like, contact you and stuff.

Krum