[ale] ALE NE April Meeting

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 30 17:15:34 EST 2004

The ALE NE April is this Thursday, April 1st.

No, really!

We meet at E-DeltaCom at 7:30.  See the directions at
http://www.ale.org/NorthEast/directions.shtml.

Our speaker is Reese Williams who will be speaking at a technical level
about his companies product, "Bladelogic Operations Manager".

Here it is straight from him:

Topic: Managing the full lifecycle of Linux Servers using Bladelogic
Operations Manager

Bladelogic Operations Manager is a cross platform management
product which provides
Provisioning, Change and Patch Management, Compliance,
Remote Administration and Governance Reporting from a common
interface. The product provides parallel processing capabilities and
helps to automate much of the mundane and everyday tasks that bog down
system adminstrators, thereby freeing their time to focus on more
critical activities.

Specific Linux areas that I will cover include:

      * Architecture Overview
      * Commonly executed tasks from the shell
      * Installing RPMs. Ensuring complete success. (avoid partial
        installs)
      * How to automate existing scripts and everyday tasks
      * How to discover environments
      * How to perform detailed and granular compares (audits) between
        servers
      * Q&A

Danny