[ale] A fulfilling moment

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Mar 30 12:53:24 EST 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 12:40 pm, Dow Hurst wrote:
> I read somewhere, it will come to me and I'll post it, that HP is
> switching to selling Linux on it's desktops. ?Anyone heard anything
> about this? ?I read it last night when doing email but just can't
> remember the source.

On this list, posted by Arron last Friday.  Sounds wonderful at first
glance, until you read this.

"Mr Kay said HP's new Linux PCs would be geared toward employees at call
centres and help-desks who only need computers to use internet
applications and e-mail, and [thus have no use for a whole proprietary
suite of expensive ancillary applications]."

Oh well, still a step in the right direction.
--
William