[ale] A fulfilling moment

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Tue Mar 30 01:36:47 EST 2004

A few weeks ago, I installed Fedora Core 1 on my karate sensei's Win98
box (dual boot). He's a smart guy, but not at all computer-savvy. I
told him, "It will take some time to get used to the Linux
environment, but if you give it a chance, you will find it to be much
less troublesome."

Over the intervening weeks, I've installed some things he needed to
get his work done (OpenOffice, vncviewer, etc), showed him how to
migrate his M$Office documents to OO, and got his new DSL service
working under both Linux and Windows. But I've never seen the machine
running Linux unless I was there working on it.

Tonight, for the first time, I arrived at the dojo for class and saw
that the machine was actually booted into Linux, and had apparently
been used that way for a good part of the day. It was a *really*
nice feeling!

-- Joe

--
Resist the feed.