[ale] Anyone using chbg with gnome 2.4?

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sun Mar 28 12:41:41 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 11:39:01AM -0500, James Sumners wrote:
> "Applications > System Tools > Configuration Editor"
> "Desktop > gnome > background" then uncheck "draw_background" and you should be
> able to use a separate utility to change the background. Otherwise you need to
> use nautilus to manage the background; in which case, all you have to do is
> right click the desktop for the appropriate menu.

Thanks James,

	I guess I am still missing something. Trying to uncheck
"draw_background" gets reset every time I close the configuration
editor. Using Nautilus the only options I have are "use default
background" and "change desktop background" and none of the buttons
seem to make any difference. I can see the background I am trying to use
very briefly as I log out of Gnome.

Jim