[ale] ALE NW meeting was a success?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Mar 26 12:26:25 EST 2004

Dow Hurst wrote:
> The drives are not wiped so the installs are still there.  We could
> have a look at set of specifics for all three or any individual
> distro for the May meeting.  Is Ray setup for April?  If not and he
> wants May then April would work.  I like an organized meeting so
> would prefer to have an outline with specific goals.

Ray was going to do May, so that would give us April. Is there an
interest in pursuing any of these distros again?  Seems Xandros saw it
fit to send me a boxed set of there deluxe version, so if there's
interest in Xandros, I could bring a box pre-installed and we could take
an indepth look at Xandros, along with a door prize of the deluxe boxed
set?  If we go this route, we could go through the normal steps a user
would go through in configuring/using the system.  (network setup,
locating software, adding desktop launchers).

Anyone?

> Many women I've met are more interested in applications than in the
> OS and installation.  We should have an end user application oriented
>  meeting focused on KOrganizer or Instant Messaging under Linux.
> Maybe a female on the list would suggest topics for presentations
> that would appeal?

I like this idea.  If there are any women on the list who have a
specific interest for a presentation, either post to the list, or send
me private email and we'll see what we can come up with.