[ale] WinGIMP.com selling 'packaged versions' of GIMP 2.0 for Windows

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 24 14:13:07 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 01:50:55PM -0500, Jason Day wrote:
> As others have said, if they provide reliable support for customers who
> buy their CDs, then the price may be worth it.  I think it's kind of
> sleazy, though.

That didn't come out quite right.  I certainly didn't mean to imply that
people or companies who support open source/free software for pay are
sleazy.  I do however think that simply selling a compiled binary of
free software for more than $10 or so, without providing real suport, is
sleazy.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9