[ale] ALE NW meeting was a success?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Mar 24 12:59:21 EST 2004

postmortem on the last ALE NW meeting... ;)

I think it was a success.  At times it was a bit confusing with three
installs going at a time.  Just the same, I think it was enlightening.
We had, I'll estimate, about 25-30 folks in attendance.  I think that
inspite of the removal of the postings Emil put up, the word still got
out.  I've got to think that the postings made a difference.

Anyone interested in a presentation on any of these distros alone?

One thing that disturbs me about the meeting.  We all know that, for the
most part, geeks are guys.  Every now and then we have a few ladies show
up at the meetings (and I know a number on the list).

Question is, there was a young lady in attendance at this meeting, but
she left early.  If anyone knows her, I'd like to get some feedback as
to why she left.  Was it boring?  Over her head?  To much chaos?

Anyway, if that young lady is on the list, please feel free to either
post to the list, or drop me personal email with feedback.  I don't like
seeing anyone leave a meeting early, although at times, there are conflicts.

If anyone on the list happens to know her, I'd appreciate it if they
could get feedback for me.