[ale] WinGIMP.com selling 'packaged versions' of GIMP 2.0 forWindows

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Wed Mar 24 12:27:17 EST 2004

Sigmascape1 at cs.com wrote:
: Hi!
:
: I found out that the GIMP 2 has been released. I am going to
: update my Linux machines soon with this release, but I also
: wanted to find a packaged Windows executable to load on some
: other machines. I went to WinGIMP.com. Big mistake. WinGIMP
: is selling 'packaged versions of GIMP 2 for Windows for
: $79.95! There has never been a time when I thought charging
: for a CD or packaged version of GNU software was
: inappropriate, but $79.95??? I was thinking $4.95 or some
: other reasonable price, but this is not good. WinGIMP is also
: offering an 'upgrade' for $29.95 and other package pricing.
: For a while now, I have noticed this site selling GIMP, and
: that is fine, but who would pay this amount of money?
:
: What do you guys think about this?
:
: Mitch

predators are everywhere.  i group this in the same catagory as the people charging $2.00 a bottle for filtered tap water.

preston