[ale] Low-end tapedrives for SOHO environment

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Fri Mar 19 23:08:45 EST 2004

I have experienced this firsthand.  Since I have more programs than I would
care to admit, it takes a several weekends to get my main box even close to
what it was before I have had to reinstall.  If you are running a stock box
with documented changes then perhaps it "might" not be so bad.  But I
suspect that most folks (especially IT types) have their main PC's full of
little programs, links, scripts, etc etc that need to be backed up. A full
backup is a whole lot less painful than trying to recreate a box.  After you
have updated, upgraded, and patched a box it's even worse.

Greg