[ale] sendmail setup help

Joe Steele joe at madewell.com
Thu Mar 18 15:58:04 EST 2004

On Thursday, March 18, 2004 2:12 PM, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> On Thursday 18 March 2004 12:32 pm, Joe Knapka wrote:
> > "Michael D. Hirsch" <mhirsch at nubridges.com> writes:
> > > I have a system that uses sendmail.  I'm trying to do 2 things:
> > >
> > > 1. local users (e.g. usera) are delivered to our mail server with
> > > @nubridges.com apended (e.g. usera at nubridges.com).
> >
> > In other words, when local user "mo" types "mail someone at somewhere",
> > you want your local sendmail to deliver that message to your site's
> > smart-host with "From: mo at nubridges.com"?
>
> Not quite.  I mean that when mo types "mail sue" it ends up being mailed to
> "sue at nubridges.com".

Possibly you are needing:
FEATURE(always_add_domain)

always_add_domain:
   Include the local host domain even on locally delivered
   mail.  Normally it is not added on unqualified names.
   However, if you use a shared message store but do not use
   the same user name space everywhere, you may need the host
   name on local names.

--Joe