[ale] Ga. SB500- Urgent Action Needed in House for VVPAT legislation

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Mar 18 13:22:21 EST 2004

{please distribute freely}

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR GEORGIA HOUSE REPRESENTATIVES
                AND URGE PROMPT COMMITTEE ACTION
                               FOR PASSAGE OF SB500!

Our efforts to restore accountable, transparent, publically audited elections
to Georgia  are being well rewarded!

On Wednesday, 2004.03.17, the Senate adopted SB-500 on a 53 to 3 vote,
though only under the weight of a hostile amendment to stall implementation
which we hope to have corrected in the House.

While much thanks is already due to everyone who has contacted the Senate
officers of Georgia's General Assembly in the battle for a Voter Verified
Paper Audit Trail, the struggle is not yet over and our urgent focus now
switches to the House.

Please call your Representative and help deliver this vital message to the
members of the Georgia House: Ask them to urge prompt and favorable Committee
action FOR Passage of SB-500, and to commit their vote to send it to the
Governor's Desk!

----------------
Restore Voter Confidence in Georgia Elections!
Call Your member of the Georgia House TODAY.
-----------------

Pending action on SB500 is that on Friday, 2004.03.19,
the Speaker will assign the bill to Committee, most  likely
Governmental Affairs.

Please call Speaker Coleman (404-656-5020),
Chairman Alan Powell (404-656-7856),
the Elections Sub-Committee Chairman Buddy DeLoach (404-656-0202)
and the members of the Committee to urge prompt hearings and favorable
support for SB500.

Complete Committee contact information is also available at
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2003_04/house/Committees/gahgaff.htm

Help pass SB-500! Call or email others and urge them to do the same!
Please let us know what you learn when speaking with the Members
email reply to <hesco-paper-ballots at greens.org>.

Please follow our progress at <http:www.voterchoice.org> and check back
regularly for new action steps!

-----------
With sincere thanks for your attention
and patriotic support of democracy,

M. Aaron Ruscetta
Decatur, Georgia

Concerned voter, Veteran electronic media and IT professional,
Member of the Electronic Frontiers of Georgia (efga.org),
Member of the Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts (ale.org), and
Contributing supporter of the Electronic Freedom Foundation (eff.org).

This document was compiled and composed with the generous assistance
of members of the League Opposed to Virtual Elections, Count The Vote, the
Georgia Green Party, Georgians Against Black Box Voting, the Voter
Independence Project and many others.

If you would like to learn more about this important issue and what you
can do to restore the integrity and transparency of elections in Georgia
and our nation, please link to any of the following sites:

    http://www.voterchoice.org/auditableballots.php
    http://www.verifiedvoting.com/
    http://www.countthevote.org/
    http://www.blackboxvoting.com/