[ale] Simple script question

Bridges, Doug DBridges at alston.com
Tue Mar 16 12:27:10 EST 2004

I am trying to write a simple script that will recursively give me a line count of all of the files in a directory.  Here is the command I am trying:

wc -l < cat `find . -type f -name "*"`

When I do this, I get:
bash: cat: No such file or directory

I suspect that some of the files might be too deep, or not exist.  Also, I am doing this on cygwin, I don't know if this is some windows bug creeping in.

Doug

NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee.  If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone
(404-881-7000) or by electronic mail (postmaster at alston.com), and