[ale] Tomcat install

Jason Vinson vinson.lists at charter.net
Mon Mar 15 15:14:48 EST 2004

Actually, Gentoo compiles java source (cpp) into java binaries from
Sun.  They use their own optimizations which i have seen cause some
compatibility problems, mostly with Eclipse.  I usually just download
the binaries from sun, then do an emerge -i for the sun-j2sdk package
(-i is for inject, like stubbing a package).

Jason