[ale] Tomcat install

Jason Vinson vinson.lists at charter.net
Mon Mar 15 12:49:36 EST 2004

I'm pretty sure blackdown doesn't get compiled from source on gentoo,
but I could be wrong.

As long as your environment is set up appropriately
(.bashrc/.bash_profile) and a binary install of tomcat is fine.  I
don't like how gentoo sets it up to run as root with init.d startup
scripts.

To each his own though,
Jason