[ale] Dualing wireless APs

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Mon Mar 15 08:39:18 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 09:31:01PM -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> The underlying issue is that Linux wireless networking isn't too
> friendly to roaming users who access multiple networks unless those
> networks are completely isolated and either all running the same
> encryption (which is weak anyways) or not running any encryption at all.

I wrote fairly extensive scanning and profile support into
linux-wlan-ng, but hardly anyone actually uses that driver anyway, so
it's probably irrelevant.

But in the mean time, most linux wireless drivers support the IWSCAN
wireless externsion (iwlist scan).  Break out your script fu and make it
happen.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy        				 ICQ: 1318344