[ale] Semi-OT: Outsource yourself to Curacao!

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Sun Mar 14 14:28:07 EST 2004

	I've got a client who's client needs a DBA who is experienced setting up
replication on Microsoft SQLServer. The position is on the island of Curacao
which is just north of Venezuela and east of Aruba. Part of the "ABC" islands
called the Netherland Antilles so it is Dutch owned. They'd really like
someone who is willing to move here for a one+year employment but will settle
for the estimated one month they estimate it will take to setup the
replication. Anyone who has done a couple of replication server setups should
be able to do this in one week after about a week to get a complete handle on
what's needed and how thing's are setup.
????Company would fly the individual down and put them up at a nice resort
hotel on or near the water. You can get by great just knowing English and US
currency is accepted everywhere. Dutch and a local dialect called Papiamentu
(a mixture of Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, and some English) are the primary
languages. Everyone at the company speaks English.
	Now this is only semi-OT because the project I am doing for them will involve
a new Postgres database setup and I won't be terribly surprised when they
eventually start wondering why they're paying all that money for SQL-Server
and Windows Server licenses. Also, they've got a few hard core FreeBSD folk
who have already infiltrated the company so the willingness to use something
better is clearly present.
	Pay is quite good, all the sun and water you can stand (approx 80 degrees
year round and the area is a haven for divers - I snorkel off the beach
behind my apartment in fact), and they cover relocation expenses (rather
generously).
	If you are a STRONG DBA, with *experience* doing replication servers in
SQLServer, then please send me your resume with salary requirements. This is
an immediate need and not open for people willing to learn.

	best regards,

		Ben Scherrey