[ale] Adaptec 2940UW bios updates

Stephan Uphoff ups at tree.com
Fri Mar 12 21:19:06 EST 2004

Jim Seymour wrote:

> I am having some major stability problems after building the new system
> and was looking to cover all the bases.

If you think this is SCSI drive related (any error message?)
look at the following:

	- Check for correct SCSI bus termination (both sides)
	- Card should supply termination power
	- Ancient cables and high transfer speeds do not mix.
          ( Change cables or set reduced transfer speeds)
	- Check for correct SCSI bus termination (both sides)
	- Tagged queuing and old drives can be a problem.
          (disable tagged queuing or update drive firmware)
	- Check for correct SCSI bus termination (both sides)

good luck

	Stephan

PS: Did I tell you to check the SCSI bus termination ? ;-)