[ale] Linux/Nt compatible large file systems

Mark Angeli webmaster at tinyminds.org
Fri Mar 12 21:05:56 EST 2004

>From what I have found, that is a Windows XP limitation.
Not a fat32.

"In theory, FAT32 volumes can be about 8 terabytes; however, the maximum
FAT32 volume size that Windows XP Professional can format is 32 GB.
Therefore, you must use NTFS to format volumes larger than 32 GB.
However, Windows XP Professional can read and write to larger FAT32
volumes formatted by other operating systems."

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkc_fil_tdrn.asp

Mark