[ale] OT: X10 weirdness

Charles Shapiro cshapiro at nubridges.com
Fri Mar 12 14:47:26 EST 2004

Hmm. I know that the standard X10 receiver knows when the lamp or
appliance connected to it has been turned off independently. I betcha
it's passing a small voltage through the lamp to discover this.  But you
can get "relay" X10 receivers for things like computers and stereos.
These don't have the "dimmer" feature, but I bet your lights won't
flicker either. If you're  using fluorescents you probly don't want to
dim them anyways.

-- CHS