[ale] Power supply

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Mar 10 10:31:53 EST 2004

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> I'm looking for a power supply for my Dual Athalon-1.6Ghz.  Sucker
> appears to draw some serious power.  Does anyone know if this is any
> good:
>
> http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=AP450W

You get what you pay for.  If you want a good PS, you'll going to have
to drop some decent cash.  Chances are, if your PS goes out, so does
your MB and/or processor.  Either the fan fails and  it burns up, or it
spikes and fries you choice pieces.

Check out:

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/

They're local and have decent prices. I just spotted a 400w ps for $39.