[ale] X10 controls?

Frank S. Glass glass at holos.com
Tue Mar 9 16:30:47 EST 2004

Quoting Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>:

It may be possible to harvest a non-zero code from the br command, but the
device itself is a one-way transmitter, so by nature it can't be reliable in the
communications sense.  In testing I've never seen the command fail (or rather
exit non-zero), but frequently (one time out of a hundred) I've had to power
cycle the receiver.

The x10 stuff was designed using the same criteria as Diebold voting machines.
No audit trail, no proof that a request was acted upon.

Frank