[ale] By the way, guys...

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Sat Mar 6 17:36:10 EST 2004

On 3/6/2004 at 11:02 AM Jerald Sheets wrote:

>|Hi Jerald,
>|
>|We'll keep a warm Guinness for ye!
>
>Awwww, man...  I can't drink in uniform <pout>.

I guess we'll just have to have a round in your honor... or wait until your
tour of duty is done. ;)

>|>Atlantite-wannabe
>|
>|Why would one intentionally do this to themselves??  Unless it's some
>kinky fetish thing....
>|
>|Just kidding... Altlanta isn't so bad.  ;c)
>|
>|Cheers,
>|Robert Reese~
>
>LOL...  Well, it's a far sight better than making the drive to ATL
>bi-weekly.  It's 8 hours each way!!!

Yeah, I've done something similar in the past, though not quite 8 hours
each way, and not for two years.  Why not Value-Jet and leave a personal
car in economy?  Just a thought...

>I'm really sold to my involvement with the Corpsvets, and having a
>gig...even a passingly sufficiet gig...in ATL would be a wonder for me.
>I mean heck, I spent over 5k just on travel and lodging last year.  I
>could take an immediate salary decrease of 5k and not even notice it.
>Live in Villa Ricca or some other outlying area, and it would be
>fabulously doable.

5K is a really good downpayment, especially if you were to look, as you
suggest, in the outlaying areas.  Villa Rica isn't a desirable place, IMHO,
as the traffic is awful, and the rednecks are hanging tight to their
single-wides.  You might be better of in Acworth, Kingston, or even around
White.  The extra 15 minutes each way is definitely worth the lower housing
costs and nicer living areas that actually have some wilderness left.
Avoid Cherokee and Gwinnett, though, as housing and traffic are abysmally
bad.

>I've already decided (and done the paperwork) to go back to school over
>at JSU in January if nothing comes of my job hunt.

Well, on the west side there is Kennesaw State U, Southern Poly, Ga. Tech,
and if you chose a border county to Alabama, Jacksonville State.  You'd
have to ask others on this list about how they feel about each school, as
I've not attended any of them.

Peace,
Robert~

Type: DH/DSS 4096/1024 AES-256
Key ID: 0xA771A40C
Fingerprint: CAE2 81CA A7CD 6681 341C  E3A9 BC3C 04E5 A771 A40C