[ale] Linux Web cams

Stephan Uphoff ups at tree.com
Wed Jun 30 12:45:22 EDT 2004

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> I did.  No change, I still got the input error when i try to attach to
> it.
>
> Thus spake Stephan Uphoff (ups at tree.com):
> > Did you try the module parameter "power_save=3D1" ?
> > http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/:
> > 	2004-02-01: Attention, users with a Logitech QuickCam Zoom:=20
> >         Wolgang Kruse reported that when he uses the "power_save=3D1"=20
> >         module parameter, his camera started working ....

It looks like you picked up the one pwc camera with known problems :-(

The only thing left to try that I can think of is to check your USB bus driver.
	http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/faq.html#R9

Linux 2.6.X often has two drivers for the same hardware.
On my laptop the one driver that did not work was consistently
loaded first :-(

Good luck

	Stephan