[ale] FTP folder view not working in Konqueror

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Jun 29 14:26:23 EDT 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 08:38 pm, Jay wrote:
> Anything I could troubleshoot to fix that?

Do you have access to the logs?  Assuming you are running apache on redhat I
would become root and
	cd /var/log/httpd
	tail -f *.log
Then I'd browse the web pages and see what happens.  Do you see the connection
when you expect to or does it take a long time?

You might also just see what happens if you telnet to the machine
	telnet metafero.elon.edu 80
and type some random stuff to see what happens.  wget is also your friend.

Next up is to run some traffic sniffer like tcpdump on merafero and see what
it does after the connection.  If I'm right you might see traffic on a
protocol/port you don't expect, like DNS or identd.

You can try posting logs here to see if anyone on the list has bright ideas.

Michael