[ale] FTP folder view not working in Konqueror

Jay jloden at toughguy.net
Sun Jun 27 21:40:28 EDT 2004

I have a weird problem on Mandrake 10.0 machines, I cant seem to get a
folder view in konqueror for my ftp sites.  It works on other ftp sites,
but not my own.  I know that sounds messed up, but here's an example.
running Mandrake 10.0 on both the server and the clients, if I go to
ftp://metafero.elon.edu for example, it wont show any folders, but if I
do it in IE or firefox it works fine.  Same if I try another ftp site on
the Mandrake box, it will show folder view properly.  This also happens
from ANY mandrake 10.0 box I try it on, it wont show folders for the ftp
sites I admin with proftpd on mandrake 10.  I'm wondering if there is a
proftpd config problem?  I used to run proftpd on mandrake 9.2 and never
had this problem.

What about this isnt communicating properly here?  is this a config
thing in proftpd?  Bug in Konqueror?  Mandrake?  It's not that big a
deal but it sure is annoying.

-Jay