[ale] ssh + changing HostKey

Cory T. Echols ctechols at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 24 07:57:24 EDT 2004

On 06/24, David Corbin wrote:
> Is  it possible to tell  ssh to always connect,  even if  the hostKey doesn't
> match the known host key?  I can't find such an option...

For OpenSSH, take a look at the StrictHostKeyChecking, CheckHostIP, and
VerifyHostKeyDNS options in the ssh_config man page.  You can either set
them in ~/.ssh/config or put them on the command line with the -o
option.

I have 'CheckHostIP no' and 'VerifyHostKeyDNS yes' in my ~/.ssh/config
file and I can connect to my DHCP'ed hosts without getting warned about
host key mismatches.

--
Cory T. Echols
ctechols at mindspring.com