[ale] Mandrake 10.0 configure and make errors - whaaa?

Jay jloden at toughguy.net
Wed Jun 23 18:08:43 EDT 2004

I tried removing and reinstalling gcc already, but it is a production
box, yes.  It's an on-campus ftp server.  The difference between this
one and the other mdk 10 machines is purely the security
lockdown...they're even on the same hardware, because they're too cheap
to give me anything better than an old desktop to run the ftp server
on.  I can't reinstall the OS on it, or anything along those lines,
especially since I'm doing all of this remotely, but I can remove and
re-add packages.

I dont think it's a gcc thing, because it compiles code ok, I just cant
./configure properly to create a make file, and it then proceeds to fail
on make.

This is the kind of thing where I just sit here and scratch my head,
cause I dont know what in the heck I did differently that caused this.

-Jay