[ale] OT: Danger Bad Media

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jun 23 10:07:32 EDT 2004

I went to Microcenter to buy some DVD-R's and they are selling shotty
media.  This is the 25 pack for $18.00.  I had purchased 2 packs one
pack was good and one was bad.  On inspection I noticed that the good
pack had an RW inscribed on the disks where the bad pack did not.  The
SKU numbers are the same so you have to look at the disk to verify.  I
bought a 3rd pack that had the RW and it was good.  I inspected under a
lamp and could see right through the ones without the RW.  I'm just
telling ya'll this in case you use the Platinum media from MC.