[ale] Wireless

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Wed Jun 23 20:15:34 EDT 2004

I've  got a Centrino laptop using NDISWrapper, I *think* I have my drivers
configured correctly.  I do NOT (yet) have a wireless AP at home, however
there is one at my office.

iwconfig shows
wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:""
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412GHz  Access Point: FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
          Bit Rate:11Mb/s
          RTS thr:1600 B   Fragment thr:2344 B
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0/100  Signal level:-98 dBm  Noise level:-256 dBm

I've browsed through several HOW-TOs, but I've not figured out what  I need to
do next to make things work.

David