[ale] old HP9000 running Linux

Tony Carter tcarter at entrusion.com
Tue Jun 22 17:26:42 EDT 2004

So I'm not the only one being yelled at by my wife about "junk"
computers. I just threw away some 386 and 486 boxes, what more does she
want from me ..

So, Geoffrey after reading the below comments, are you still interested?

-Tony

On Jun 22, 2004, at 4:40 PM, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
>
> <twitch>
>

> <twitch>
>

> I wonder if I have another circuit open in my panel box? Hmm. I _could_
> unplug the dryer. _I_ don't use it....
>
> Ouch, dear! I was just checking the connection! Really! I didn't know
> there was a _computer_ that could plug in here...Ouch!...yes, dear...no
> more _big_ boxes...<mutter><twitch>
>
> On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 14:52, Dow Hurst wrote:
>> You want it James...
>>
>> Watch the HP as it swings back and forth....
>>
>> Your getting sleepier.....
>>
>> You are to not remember your married....
>>
>> Now, dream of the lab with the shiny HP purrrring away on 8 CPUs on
>> your
>> latest compile....
>>
>> You want it....
>>
>> Now, go get that HP, and a new sleeping bag for the couch!
>> Dow
>>

>> James P. Kinney III wrote:

>>> The T-class systems are not supported under the PaLinux stuff. That
>>> particular model is about the size of a refrigerator. It weighs
>>> around
>>> 200lbs and will cost about $35/mo in electrical to keep it running.