[ale] Project Management Software

Jonathan Chum jchum at aismedia.com
Tue Jun 22 09:14:52 EDT 2004

As John mentioned, dotproject.net is worth checking out. I recently
installed it because there was way too much overhead in setting a Windows
2003 server, MS Project Server, MS SQL Server, then the clients.

There are some bugs in dotproject.net that I've noticed but overall, it's
pretty good.

I am however looking for a calendar system that clients can login to view
their project development schedule. There was an app a while back for
Windows which projects could be "pushed" midway because the client didn't
get materials in time, or holidays. I would like to see a mix of that and
Outlook's calendar where a set project overlays the days in which
development is in progress.

The closest I've seen is Groove.net's groupware application. Any ideas? Even
if it's for Windoze.

Regards,
Jonathan Chum
Systems Developer

A I S M e d i a , I n c . - "We Build eBusinesses"
7000 Central Parkway
Suite #1700
Atlanta, GA 30328
Tel: 770.350.7998 ext. 505 / Fax: 770.350.9409
http://www.aismedia.com / jchum at aismedia.com