[ale] Oracle DBD-DBI

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Mon Jun 21 18:25:31 EDT 2004

This is probably a repeat questions BUT I can find the previous answer....

I am running redhat 9 std install.  I want to connect to a remote Oracle 8 machine via Perl.  I have the DBD Oracle 1.5 tar file.  Unfortunately it complains about an ORACLE_HOME environmental variable.  perl Makefile.PL bombs out....

>From reading the clients.readme file, it appears that I must have Oracle files on my machine in order to access Oracle on another machine.  I am a bit confused.  My expertise to date is win32::odbc with perl and access.  My plan is to move Access to MYSQL but I also have to get at a table on a remote Oracle 8 machine.

Anyone use DBD to get at oracle?  What do I have to install?

John