[ale] Good windows firewall ?

Vincent Fox vf5 at plm.gatech.edu
Sun Jun 20 12:38:31 EDT 2004

> I have some windows boxes on my network.  Linux firewalls are great, but I
> need some good ones for my windows boxes also
>
> What is a good and cheap windows firewall solution?  I know there is
> Zonelabs and Norton's.  Are they any other good ones out there especially
> free ones.

If you go to MicroSoft site, one of the products they link is the
Computer Associates "Armor" which includes both firewall and
antivirus. While none of these products quite measure up in
my opinion, it's superior to Norton which has really gone downhill
this last year. The CA Armor is FREE for one year of use.
Can't beat the price and next year I'll figure out something else.