[ale] Booting a Win XP drive with grub without reinstalling?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Jun 16 21:12:16 EDT 2004

Guys,

I have two machines...one with Windows XP and one with Red Hat 8.  I'd
like to take the harddrive out of the XP machine and drop it in the RH8
box as an IDE slave, and then use grub to dual boot.

The grub tutorials I've seen so far assume you've either got XP installed
and are doing a new Linux install or doing a new install of both.

Is it possible to do it as I've described?  Anyone else done this?

Thanks as always for the help.

John