[ale] Cable Modem Strangeness On The Road

hbbs at comcast.net hbbs at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 21:38:06 EDT 2004

Preston -

I wondered about the cables.  However - and this also knocks the MAC address theory out of the sky - Knoppix on the very same machine and cable won't work.  For the laptop, I used a cable of my own.  The cable that connects my nephew's machine to the sharkfin is clearly a store-bought (molded boot on connector).

- Jeff