[ale] [OT]: Solar Panel Electronics

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Sat Jun 12 16:35:56 EDT 2004

Guys, sorry for the semi-OT post.  I'm looking to power a device via a
solar panel.  What I'm wondering is how to calculate how much solar
panel I'll need.  My device has a DC input for 5v input - 6.8 Watt.  I'm
thinking that I'll need to pull about 2 Amps for the device.  What I'd
like to know is what kind of solar panel I should get to power this
device.  Would I be ok to use a 10Watt solar panel?

How can I calculate how much power I'll need?  Does the 6.8 Watts mean
exactly that - That I'll need EXACTLY 6.8 Watts or that I'll need AT
LEAST 6.8 Watts?

Thanks in advance for any info...

Best regards,
CB