[ale] ALE CENTRAL MEETING for Thursday, 2004.06.10

aaron aaron at pd.org
Wed Jun 9 02:15:35 EDT 2004

Well...
	With apologies, our scheduled presenter for this Thursday's (tomorrow's) ALE
Central meeting is requesting a last minute rain check due to the emergency
medical needs of a family member.

	Rather than beg Bj?rn to perform an encore of last month's excellent short
notice presentation work, Michael and I decided to offer the June ALE Central
meeting as a casual Swag Fest / Swap Meet / Switch Board kind of affair.

	Swag Fest because Michael was recently gifted a large volume of Linux related
trade show type promotional items to distribute to the group.

	Swap Meet because everyone is invited bring along any hardware items they
would like to sell, swap or see stored in someone else's basement.

	Switch Board because we'll have an extended opportunity to help each other
solve problems,  answer questions, compare distros and discuss at length the
many merits of using Vi instead of Emacs and consider why KDE is so slow and
awkward compared to Gnome. ;-)

	Anyone willing haul in and set up a system for "experiments" or internet
access, please feel free. I will be bringing my media explorations box,
(currently a Mandrake 10.0 install) in addition to a couple power strips, a
few enet cables and a 5 port switch. I also intend to have a couple of
current distro sets on hand for the asking (FCFS). At the least I'll have one
5 CD set of SuSE 9.1 pro, plus one or two 4 disk sets of Mandrake 10.0
official and a copy or two of the latest KNOPPIX  release 3.4-040517, .

	Who knows... a Swag Fest / Swap Meet / Switch Board meeting may prove a
pleasant break from the usual monthly fare, so I'll hope to see y'all there!

peace
aaron
Associate Moderator,
ALE Central Meeting